Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Getting to Know You pt 4: Jaime Jo Fisher
1. What are three words that you would use to describe the work you make?
happy, quirky, contemporary
2. What is your favorite material to use in your work?
this is a tricky one since i love so many different materials but if i had to pick just one it would be something found, texure and plasticky, all in one.
3. Do you have a pet?
a) If so, take a picture of yourself with it!
b) If not, take a picture of yourself with something else and explain what its significance is!
yes, two dogs and a cat: brinkley, nemo and tula. it was impossible to get the kitty in there too!
4. What are you listening to right now?
the white noise of my computer fan! i usually work to the sound of a few streamed favorite programs, an occasional this american life podcast or some high energy music from pandora. when i get enough of all the background noise it's nice to have some quiet studio time.
5. Is your studio attached to your home?
6. If you had a pet fox, what would you name it?
"zipper" and probably call him/her zips, zamper, zingo, mister zampenstien...his name would continuously evolve naturally like it does with all of our pets.
7. Who is an artist that you've recently discovered that you believe needs to be known the world over?
8. What is a piece of advice that you live by?
today's the day!