Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Getting to Know You pt 1: Laura Wood

This is the first entry in our Getting to Know You artist series! We thought it would be nice to let everyone get a sneak peek into the lives of our lovely artists. Without further ado here is:

Laura Wood


1. What are three words that you would use to describe the work you make?
(This pertains to my work as a whole) Documentation, collection, transitory

2. What is your favorite material to use in your work?
Paper!

3. Do you have a pet?
a) If so, take a picture of yourself with it!
b) If not, take a picture of yourself with something else and explain what its significance is!
No, but I’m, trying to catch this squirrel…

4. What are you listening to right now?
Beirut

5. Is your studio attached to your home?
No, I have a studio space through the Grad program at ECU, and I just built my very own paper studio in a rented garage Greenville, NC.

6. If you had a pet fox, what would you name it?
Sinatra

7. Who is an artist that you've recently discovered that you believe needs to be known the world over?
I recently found a jewelry artist online, Lauren Manoogian, her work is fresh, quirky and clever. As for a hero, I adore Tara Donovan!!!

8. What is a piece of advice that you live by?
Be Kind.

1 comment:

  1. Woot, Woot - nice to see an ECU grad student represented!

    ReplyDelete