Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Getting to Know You pt 2: Allyson Bone

Allyson Bone


1. What are three words that you would use to describe the work you make?
Precise, beautiful, ominous

2. What is your favorite material to use in your work?
Silver- it may seem boring but it is so nice to work with

3. Do you have a pet?
a) If so, take a picture of yourself with it!
b) If not, take a picture of yourself with something else and explain what its significance is!
Unfortunately no, but I want a huge dog- 100 lbs + only. The picture is of me and a weed I pulled at my local CSA. Food is something I take very seriously!


4. What are you listening to right now?
Kanye West's new album... not sure what to think yet

5. Is your studio attached to your home?
My studio is currently at SUNY New Paltz, where I am finishing my MFA.

6. If you had a pet fox, what would you name it?
Rascal

7. Who is an artist that you've recently discovered that you believe needs to be known the world over?
The artist I've just discovered and love is already known all over- the painter Philip Taaffe

8. What is a piece of advice that you live by?
Every purchase you make is a vote in favor of something- consume responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment